Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hello Ron


This morning we decided to check the snow cover. I was not feeling bold enough to drive my sled and Blaine's sporty little number doesn't take passengers so we headed out along the beach on my sled. We left the dogs at home to reduce the number of variables that could stress me out and we made it as far as the FOL (the military Forward Operating Location just the other side of the airport) before deciding to turn back due to lack of snow. Back home we took pity on the puppies and decided to take them to the beach for a run. Blaine drove Sage down on the sled and I walked Johnny.

About half way down, just by the kids' playground Johnny and I were surprised to see a big black dog running at us. Sage had evidently decided to leave her master and come looking for the weaker members of her pack. We continued towards the beach when Sage spotted a man in a black Canada Goose parka and, failing to notice that 90% of the population look the same all winter, assumed that must be daddy so she kept running off with me yelling at her to come back. Finally the excitement was too much and she bolted across the road and went bounding up to the unsuspecting pedestrian. 

Embarrassed, I apologized profusely. The happily unscathed gent said "you must be Emma, I'm Ron" I just said hello and carried on in search of Blaine. My brain must have been affected by the cold or perhaps the petrol fumes from my sled as I utterly failed to make a very simple connection until about 5 minutes later... Ron is, I assume, my fellow blogger Ron Wassink and I missed an opportunity to congratulate him in person on his awesome photography and commitment to this odd form of communication. Please accept this public apology for my rudeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment