Friday, May 18, 2012

Riding the Hog

For the past two weeks the weather has been beautiful (with the exception of snow on Tuesday) so I have been making the most of the bug-free sunshine and riding to work on my quad. My colleague Jen has dubbed my 350cc Yamaha Big Bear "the Hog". On Saturday, inspired by the Sons of Anarchy image that this evoked, I dressed Johnny Cash up in his Orange County Choppers biker jacket and we cruised around the city. In the evenings I have been taking Johnny and Sage (Johnny stands on the gas tank, Sage sits on the passenger seat) to the Road to Nowhere for a run. Sage runs the whole length (2.5km each way) of the unpaved road, which goes to the gravel pit, while Johnny runs a bout half the way out and rides the rest with me. Blaine takes them to the beach in the same fashion. I don't like going there at the moment because of all the melt water and gaps in the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment