Monday, April 1, 2013

The Sugar Shack at 70 Mile House

Wow! Having driven passed it many times I finally insisted that we stop at the Sugar Shack in 70 Mile House. So very glad we did. Blaine and I were both still full from our crappy Tim Hortons breakfast so we didn't sample the poutine but we for sure will next time. The fries are hand cut and the meat is smoked right there in the yard. $12.50 would have got us a huge portion of proper québécois poutine topped with either pulled pork or Montreal smoked meat. Instead we opted for coffee and beaver tails. Unable to pick between Maple Butter and Cinnamon Sugar we got one of each. The cinnamon one was finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice which sent it over the top and made it the winner for me, but the maple butter was awesome too. Double shot white americano to keep me awake and all is good. Definitely making this a regular stop on highway 97 from now on.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment