Sunday, January 2, 2011

reality strikes

We had a fantastic, albeit crazy-busy vacation over the holidays, highlights include:

  • Snowboarding @ Mt Baker | Whistler Blackcomb | Sun Peaks | Kicking Horse
  • Visiting with the Guertins and the Stringers
  • Surprising Rob for his 40th
  • Celebrating NYE with a Just Dance Wii dance-off
  • Meeting up with Pam for a beer in Calgary 
  • Feasting on Carol's butter tarts (as I am now)
Now that we are back home we have resumed planning and preparing. It has really hit home that we do not have much time left - hence the newly created countdown timer just below my blog title.

At the Aberdeen Mall in Kamloops Blaine and I tried on Canada Goose parkas to find our size, but they didn't have the style and colours so I now have to locate our chosen items for sale. You would think this would not pose to great a problem but it is surprisingly hard, and if I am paying $800 for a coat it had better be the right one!

I found boots and coats for the puppies too (from Muttluks.com) but we also need to get them fleece hats so their ears don't fall off. They won't need to be bundled up just to go outside to take care of business, but they will need to be suitably attired for walks.

We had written out 14 different lists and a whole bunch of brain dumps here and there so last night I compiled it all into one spreadsheet. Happily there were a few duplications so there is now (ever so slightly) less to do. I am exhausted from the past week and my brain is failing to produce the coherent and witty prose that I was hoping for. I'm going to go now... maybe I will pour another drink and surf the web shopping for those jackets instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment