Sunday, March 20, 2011

i lied - sorry

It is 9:40pm and I just sat down so my promise of a decent update cannot be fulfilled.

We walked the dogs to Arctic Ventures to return a plumbing thingy and buy some cornmeal, then we all walked down to the beach front. The tide had fallen from the extra-high high-tide and restored our world to normality, there was an 11m tidal range over the weekend so the ice shifted noticeably. We did an inadequate job of photographing the effects but it really was amazing - instead of looking up at the breakwater, we were almost on a level with it. Several skating rinks had been created by the tide and we were entertained by the dogs slipping and sliding along, bemused and not bright enough to come back on the snow. Johnny displayed the same amount of talent as his mother in the patinage area.

Back at home I got in the kitchen to prepare delicious Orange Rosemary Shortbread to snack on and our supper of Pork in Milk and Lemon with wet Polenta, while that finished off I baked bread to go with tomorrow's minestrone soup lunch. Dinner was delicious and filling - thank you River Cafe cookboook! finally I had a shower and washed my hair... you cannot be rushing out the door in the morning with wet hair. So now I am enjoying that glass of wine, watching Celebrity Apprentice and finally relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment