Thursday, March 3, 2011

It really isn't that cold


We arrived on a bright sunny Saturday and were surprised at how quickly we all adapted to the cold.

The dogs can now go outside for 3 minutes without booties, somehow their feet don’t bother them when they are wrestling, just when they are supposed to be going to the bathroom. Bizarrely Johnny prefers to wade into belly deep snowdrifts to pee.  Yesterday was only -14 so I went to the post office and liquor licensing without hat or gloves and with my jacket unzipped!

On Tuesday it snowed all day and I couldn’t make out where the sun was in the sky, everything was white and it was hard to see the ground properly, I couldn’t make out if it was flat or not because of the white out. Every other day has brought an abundance of beautiful, bright sunshine from 8am to 4:30pm. It is light from at least 5:30am (as I observed when I woke up this morning) and gets fully dark by 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment