Thursday, March 3, 2011

You probably won't hear from me until March 12 but don't worry...

Our stuff arrived yesterday, the fourth and final van full was unloaded at 6pm. Today we went in after work to set up the bed and put up blinds which was not as easy as it sounds. The shipment got repacked for the flight and things were grouped together in very random fashion and were not labelled. The rails for the bed were eventually discovered in a big box containing our bikes that was in the cold storage, both bedrooms had been labelled as the master bedroom so that was all mixed up and the blinds were in a box of kitchen items!

Tomorrow we move out of our lovely apartment in the Capital Suites, Blaine will move the puppies and our bags up to the house, then fly to Rankin Inlet for a week. I will walk to the house after I finish work and spend the weekend unpacking and arranging the kitchen, bedroom and living room. Nancy's bedroom, the office, cold storage and laundry can wait until Blaine gets home.

Once I find the telephone I will plug that in, I have to schedule a site visit for the internet install, and wait for the new computer to arrive via DHL (who have royally effed up). I can check my email and facebook at lunchtime at work, except next week because I will be spending my lunch hour walking to the house to let the dogs out and then walking back to work.

I am aiming to be online again next weekend and promise to celebrate my return with an awesomely fascinating blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment