Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Dinner Comparison

I have been watching lots of Christmas cooking shows on Food Network which brought me to thinking about Christmas dinner traditions in England and Canada. Obviously this could be entirely inaccurate as it is based solely on my observations and experiences. I suspect that Canadian fare varies from West to East and probably a lot from English and French. My Christmas meals have mainly been in BC.

Turkey is the centrepiece for both countries, with baked ham as a backup just in case there isn't enough food.

Stuffing in England tends to be made mostly of pork sausagemeat, Canadian stuffing is focused on bread and cranberries.

Vegetables: Canada is mashed potato & steamed carrots, England roasts the potatoes and the carrots.

Mince pies and clotted cream are the English treat, while Canada tucks into butter tarts. I need Carol's recipe, her butter tarts are freakin awesome.

What are you cooking for Christmas this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment