Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What a jerk!


I certainly hope that is what Blaine will exclaim in delight as he tucks into tonight's feast.

I exhibited uncommon restraint and only used one habanero pepper in my jerk marinade (leaving the seeds in though) so I think it should be enjoyable. To take the edge off the heat of the jerk pork shoulder kebabs I made a pineapple coconut salsa. I also made a pineapple, mango, coconut and mint salsa. Blaine has to judge which goes better with the dish. Our carb component, and another palate cooler, is beans & rice.

Once Blaine gets home I will fire up the BBQ so that it is smoking hot when he throws the kebabs on. I am looking for a light charring on the outside while retaining moisture inside. Say NO to dried out pork!

If Blaine likes it all I will share the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment